Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Story


Ever since I was a little girl, my dream was to grow up to be a mama. I was the teenage girl who babysat every weekend and just loved every one's kids. I even had a couple of jobs being a nanny. August 15, 1991 my dreams finally came true with the birth of our first son. Having suffered a miscarriage before, our son's birth was a huge celebration for us as was our second son's birth May 14, 1993 and our daughter's, July 7th, 1995. Being a mother to these three children has been the greatest blessing God could ever give me and every Mothers Day, I try to get a photograph of all of us together. This particular photo, Mothers Day 1997, is one of my favorites because it shows me with all of my children. I was pregnant with our fourth child here, a tiny little boy named Zane, who sadly didn't live past 4 months of pregnancy. My passion for newborn photography and maternity portraiture stems from the emotions I have experienced and still experience from being Colten, Brody, Laressa and Zane's mother. It is so important to me that our lives are documented by photos and portraits because these are indeed amazing moments of our life. Happy Mothers Day to all of you special and wonderful ladies who are mothers. God Bless all of you!

3 comments:

  1. Love this picture! I'm so happy to see you mention Zane in this post. And with his brothers and sister. We miss you all so much. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing you are to your children and the mention of Zane made me think of what an amazingly strong woman you are. Happy Mother's day to you too and God Bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, you two have been a wonderful blessing to me during this journey. I value your friendships very much.

    ReplyDelete